Warren Wilson College, Asheville, NC — Bachelor of Arts in Honors English, 2018
Administration & Project Management, ChiLiving; Asheville, NC –– 2018-Present
Oversaw database management, customer service, shipping, event planning, and general office administration; actively engaged with coworkers and supervisors to increase productivity and efficiency both internally and externally; engaged in sales and marketing copywriting for internal and external use.
Target; Asheville, NC –– 2017-Present
- Starbucks-Certified Barista: Created handcrafted beverages according to Starbucks Standards, ensuring high guest satisfaction; maintained a high standard of cleanliness.
- Men’s Apparel Sales Associate: Maintained a well-designed, welcoming sales floor for store guests; actively assisted and inspired guests in finding their perfect fits; proactively solved problems for guests, ensuring that they had a pleasant shopping experience.
Student Employee, Warren Wilson College; Asheville, NC — 2015–2017
- Assistant Program Coordinator, Office of Spiritual Life: Engaged in interfaith dialogue and action through community organizing and spiritual life programming; actively sought to bring speakers to campus and to organize the campus community through faith-based activism and social justice work; organized events such as interfaith dinners, religious literacy events, guest lectures.
- Work Program Office: Aided the Work Program Office through a series of institutional changes; participated in the organization of campus-wide events which catered to the entire student body of the college; worked in an office setting that included the completion of administrative tasks and implementation of organizational systems.
Peer Group Leader, Warren Wilson College; Asheville, NC –– 2016–2017
- Facilitated and helped to organize a first year seminar titled, “The Music of Poetry and the Poetry of Music”; collaborated with a faculty member to lead the class and to act as a teaching assistant; served as a mentor for first year students as they adjusted to college; taught classes concerning poetry analysis, academic writing, and literary studies.
- Facilitated and worked with a first year seminar studying interfaith dialogue; collaborated with a faculty member to build relationships with the students and to promote interfaith engagement across the campus; aided and mentored first year students in their transitions to a college environment; taught classes concerning the intersections of interfaith dialogue and social justice. (2016-2017)
Coach, Interfaith Youth Core; Chicago, IL –– 2017–2018
Served as a coach for the Interfaith Youth Core; facilitated training sessions on interfaith engagement on college campuses at the Interfaith Leadership Institute; spoke to various groups about intersections of queer and Christian identities and about theology of interfaith cooperation.
Intern, Caldwell Memorial Presbyterian Church; Charlotte, NC –– Summer 2016
Successfully marketed Caldwell Presbyterian and QCFamilyTree’s outreach, The Third Place, a nonprofit coffeehouse that employs underemployed and at-risk youth, teaching them job skills and giving them work experience; used acquired sales tactics to bring organizations to use the space such as The Red Boot Coalition; collaborated with church staff to organize a storytelling and community-building event for members of the church.
Sales Associate, Mori Luggage & Gifts; Charlotte, NC — 2014–2017
Achieved a high sales quota that assisted the company in meeting its monthly goals; engaged in customer service work including problem-solving and critical thinking; demonstrated an excellent performance in sales.
Cashier, Harris Teeter; Charlotte, NC — 2013–2014
Served as a cashier and customer service clerk; maintained positive relationships with customers and colleagues; attended to a wide variety of tasks, demonstrating the ability to work as a self-starter.
Foundation for International Education, London, England –– 2017
AMIDEAST, Amman, Jordan –– 2017
International Institute of Islamic Thought, Herndon, VA –– 2017
Verner Experiential Gardens –– 2017
The Lord’s Acre; Asheville, NC –– 2016
MANNA FoodBank –– 2016
Mentor, Kids on Campus; Asheville, NC –– 2015-2016
The Mediation Center; Asheville, NC –– 2015
Shiloh Community Garden; Asheville, NC –– 2015
President, Myers Park Gay-Straight Alliance; Charlotte, NC –– 2014-2015
Cellist & Section Leader, Myers Park Symphony Orchestra; Charlotte, NC –– 2011-2015
Blogger at mile/minute mind
“Pluralism and Racial Justice,” INTER –– 2017
Short Story in The Peal, Warren Wilson College’s Literary Magazine –– 2015
Article in QNotes; Charlotte, NC –– 2015
Essay in Pegasus, Myers Park’s Literary Magazine –– 2012
- Writing (technical and informational; op-ed and opinion; blog stories and journalism; narrative)
- Specialty Subjects: technical and business communications; peace and conflict resolution
- Public Speaking
- Office & Personnel Administration/Management
- Proficient in Slack (team management platform)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Documents